- Cloud-based architecture with anywhere, anytime access and strong financial management were key drivers for selecting NetSuite over TechnologyOne, SAP and Sage.
- NetSuite ease of use and intuitive interface helped smooth adoption among five fully licensed and 65 employee users.
- NetSuite flexibility for access over Mac and Windows devices was ideal for Centenary Institute’s mixed-desktop environment.
- Leading Australian medical research institution has gained breakthrough financial visibility and speed since upgrading from a legacy DOS-based green-screen application.
- Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology finance team has doubled its productivity in managing and reporting on key business information.
- Not-for-profit institution has gained new flexibility and insight for data-driven strategic and tactical programmatic decisions and future organizational growth.
- Centenary Institute has strengthened accountability in managing between 100 and 150 state and federal funding grants.
- On-demand reporting at the detailed grant level enables snapshots of budget vs. actuals with drill-down to transactions.
- Reports that took hours to assemble can now be generated in minutes, improving Centenary Institute’s effectiveness as a medical research institution.
- Payroll processing time has been reduced from two days to a half day, while fixed asset management time has been reduced from a day to a few hours.
- Accounting staff has eliminated reliance on IT for reporting, monthly financial close and application maintenance.
- Replacing FileMaker Pro system with NetSuite for purchasing by researchers and department heads has eliminated double data-entry and streamlined processes.
- Easy-to-use NetSuite interface has made key financial information readily accessible to executives.
- Highly manual processes with 20-year-old legacy financials application resulted in inefficiencies, delays and risk of error.
- Lack of reporting functionality required tedious and time-consuming data transfers into Excel spreadsheets.
- Finance was heavily dependent on IT support for the legacy application, introducing delays and driving up overall cost.
Fixed Assets Management