- Since installing NetSuite, GoPro has grown revenue by 300% year-over-year, all while adding just two IT/Business Application Analysts.
- The company is saving approx. $360,000 yearly on IT development, configuration, and customisation over the cost of a comparable, on-premise ERP system.
- NetSuite’s Partner Portal efficiencies have helped GoPro’s 75+ outside, third-party brand reps expand GoPro’s market to lower-volume, specialty market customers, which has already partly accounted for an overall 500% increase in sales order transactions.
- Automated order management workflow now processes an order in 30 seconds, compared to 8-to-20 minutes with the previous, disparate set of systems.
- Integrated inventory management eliminates the two-to-four days it used to take each month to rationalize spreadsheet-based inventory reports.
- NetSuite’s vendor portal and PO-invoicing frameworks have helped GoPro standardise processes and improve relationships with foreign suppliers.
- Combination of outsourcing and fragmented in-house business software prevented GoPro from taking full advantage of a fast-growing market opportunity.
- Inability of business software to handle multiple sales/distribution channels had slowed order processing and caused major disruptions in filing customer records.
- Inventory planning was hampered because reports were essentially delivered just once a month by a third-party logistics vendor.
- Lack of integration between accounting and customer records caused delays in tracking receivables because of process complexities introduced through manual data entry.
- GoPro chose NetSuite over extending a Salesforce.com instance because the company wanted to integrate the entire customer transaction cycle, something which could not have easily been solved with Salesforce.com add-ons.
- The company chose NetSuite over an on-premise ERP system because of the advantages in cost, reliability, as well as deployment time—go-live with NetSuite took just eight weeks.
- Company uses NetSuite’s SuiteFlow drag-and-drop functionality to customize business processes and workflows without having to hire specialized consultants or engineers.